Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Halfway Homemade: Chicken Fettuccine

So I decided to do some halfway homemade cooking for my hubby since I've been kind of busy with Roller Derby and slightly neglecting him! I decided on trying out something I saw a friend of mine make about a week ago. I had the idea of what she did but wasn't exactly sure of what spices and stuff she was using so I tested a few different things and this was the best I came up with.

Halfway Homemade Chicken Fettuccine
If you have the things above you have everything you need! (Actually you will also need 1 cup of milk, some water, and butter/margarine is optional)
First get your chicken thawing out (2 large chicken breasts is what I would suggest but I used one large, one medium and one small as you can see)

Then when your chicken has thawed put the following in a bowl
1tsp red pepper
1tsp parsley flakes
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp garlic powder
 And mix it all together (Doesn't it look pretty all mixed together!?)
Take your chicken out of the bags and have a hot pan ready (I had my stove on med-high heat)
Sprinkle some of your mixed seasonings on one side and put that side down on the pan. Do this with all pieces of your chicken. Once all your pieces are down sprinkle the remaining seasoning mixture on top of the uncooked side.
When your chicken is ready to be flipped....FLIP IT! I added about 1/4 cup of water after the 2nd raw side seared a little bit to help with moisture and to keep the seasonings from burning. After that side cooks, flip the meat again and add another 1/4 cup of water. Let it simmer until it is almost gone and your chicken should be cooked through. (As you can see I cut my chicken at the thickest parts to make sure it was cooked all the way through)
Let the remaining water simmer while you add water, milk and butter/margarine to a pot. Follow the directions on the back of the pasta mix for this part!(Keep in mind you're using TWO packs of the pasta)

All the water should be out of the pan by now (well most of it) and you can remove the chicken from the heat and set it aside and stick the pot of water, milk, and butter/margarine on the hot eye you just took the chicken off of.( I lowered my stove to medium for this part) Bring that to a boil and add the contents of the pasta bags to the boiling mixture and stir.
While you're waiting on the noodles to soften, cut up that delicious chicken! (BTW, this chicken would be really good by itself!) I just cut it in to strips then it to squares (sort of).

Check your pasta periodically, mine was done about 3/4 of the way through chopping.

*I would have taken a picture of how delicious the chopped up chicken looked but my hubby walked in and I got distracted having him taste it and getting compliments on how proud of me he was for actually making my own "Spice Mix" haha!*

Once the pasta is done and the chicken is chopped, add the chicken to the pasta and stir!
The whole thing (not including thawing the meat) only took about 30-35 minutes! I started us with kind of a medium portion and it filled us up!

Once the chicken was added to the pasta it was kind of spicy, I don't know why though because I didn't add any more seasonings and the chicken wasn't that spicy by itself. So if you just want the chicken this recipe is GREAT and if you like spicy food like me this is GREAT! But, if you like your food not so spicy, I would only use 1/2 tsp of the red pepper flakes and like 1/4 tsp of the pepper.

We each ate one helping of the pasta (as pictured above) and still had a TON left over!

 I mushed it all to once side because I was about to dump it into a container for the fridge...there are probably at least 2-3 more plates of food in that pot though!


So, that is my Halfway Homemade Chicken Fettuccine! If anyone decides to try this let me know how it goes or what you added to it to make it your own!

*All products used in this post were bought by me to be used in my home, I am not claiming any rights to any of these products*


No comments:

Post a Comment