Monday, May 28, 2012

I figured out the "roll" in Roller Derby :(

So it has been a little bit longer than I had hoped to get back to posting on here. I've been a little preoccupied babying my ankle...thats right...I was at roller derby practice and while not even skating, I rolled my ankle. I think it looked worse than it actually turned out to be though


 Thank heavens I didn't break it and it is only a torn ligament but I'm still in this obnoxious boot that makes me walk with an awkward limp.
And yes those are pink pants, I took that picture on my lunch break at work and I wear scrubs for work...any who, it stinks! I have to take it easy for three weeks (1 down, 2 to go). Hopefully once those three weeks are up I'll be up and at it with derby again and hopefully if I get hurt again, which I hope I don't, maybe I'll actually get hurt doing something on the track instead of just tripping over my own feet while at practice!

On a side note, a fellow derby girl actually did have a nasty fall at a bout a few weekends ago and broke her leg and she is going to be out for I think they said 8 weeks. Her injury is much worse than mine and it makes me not really whine to much because every time I get aggravated with what I'm dealing with I know she has it much worse and I should be thankful I wasn't hurt as badly. So, while prayers for my speedy recovery are appreciated, I would much rather you send some prayers to the girl that was hurt much worse and had to have surgery.


No comments:

Post a Comment