Saturday, June 30, 2012

Halfway Homemade: Biscuits and Gravy

I just so happened to wake up before my husband last Sunday and decided to make him a nice breakfast to wake up to. I decided good ole biscuits and gravy would be the best choice. I have never made homemade biscuits (except the kind that comes in a can if that counts) so I looked online at recipes and used the simplest parts of each recipe and made them all in to one.

Things you need:
- 2 1/4 cups of biquick
- 2/3 cup of milk
-Country Gravy mix
-2 cups of water

What to do:

Preheat oven to 450.

Add the bisquick and milk in a large bowl.
Mix it all up
Then knead the dough for about 30 seconds and then pull pieces off that are about palm size and the roll them into balls.
*COAT YOUR HANDS WITH BISQUICK POWDER OFTEN OR IT WILL STICK TO YOU LIKE NOBODIES BUSINESS!*

I made 9 biscuits with this dough. 
Spread your dough balls out on a cookie sheet.

Bake for 9 minutes (or until golden on top)
Then you can make your gravy. All you have to do is follow the directions on the back of the pack and you wind up with some yummy gravy.
Cut your biscuits in half
Spread some gravy on em
and enjoy.

One of the recipes I found called for you to roll the dough out to 1/2 inch in thickness and then cookie cut rounds out but, I don't have a rolling pin or a cookie cutter.

I guess a better name for this blog would have been "Biscuit Balls and Gravy" but how appetizing does that really sound? 

These turned out delicious and the hubby was thrilled when he woke up to a delicious hot breakfast and I impressed him with my ability to make biscuits using powder and milk instead of just opening a can!

If you try this out let me know how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment