Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Halfway Homemade: Taco Cups

We decided we wanted tacos tonight but I was tired of boring rolled up tacos so I decided to try something out and it turned out AWESOME and it is SUPER EASY AND QUICK!

Things you need:
-Tortillas (the regular sized small ones) (4 for one batch or 8 for a large batch)
-1 lb ground beef (or turkey)
-Taco Seasoning
-1 can of refried beans
-Shredded cheese (approx. 1 cup but it really depends on how much cheese you like!)
*THESE MEASUREMENTS MAKE A LARGE BATCH (24 Taco Cups)

Optional Add-ons:
-Sour cream
-Black olives
-Salsa
-Lettuce
-Tomatoes
-Pretty much whatever you would eat on a taco

How to make it:
Pre-heat your oven to 425

Brown your meat and add taco seasoning of your choosing (I made my own for this but I'll save that for another post since I'm still trying to perfect it!)

Warm up your refried beans

*I didn't think my browned meat or warmed up out of the can beans justified taking a picture :)*

Put your meat and beans in a bowl and mix them together thoroughly.
Then cut circles in your tortillas. I managed to get three per tortilla for a muffin pan with 12 openings. The way I achieved the circle was with a normal drinking glass and I "rolled" the rim in a circular motion on the tortilla to "cut" it out.
Aren't they adorable?!
Once you are done you should have 12 (or 24) cute mini tortillas!
The pictures make them look a little big since I have an abnormally small cutting board so here's one of them compared to the size of my hand
Then take your mini tortillas and stuff them into your muffin pan and plop your meat and beans in there. 
Then shred your cheese (or pull out your already shredded cheese)
Then top the taco cups with the cheese
Then pop it in the oven for 10 minutes (or until the cheese is melted)! When its finished and you take it out, let it cool then use a knife or fork to pop them out of the muffin pan. Top or serve with whatever else you would like on your taco cup! ENJOY!

If you try this out or can think of a fun variation of it, feel free to leave a comment and let me know!

This recipe is just another one of those Things I'm Learning From Life!

No comments:

Post a Comment